Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

ACP National Leadership Skills Meeting, 13th June 2018

June 13

Programme – Wednesday 13th

Venue: Royal Society of Chemistry, London W1J 0BA

09.30-10.00 Registration and refreshments

10.00-10.15 Introduction (including introduction to the ACP National Leadership Skills Programme) 10.30-11.30 Workshop: Leadership styles and behaviours

11.30-12.00 Emotional intelligence – what it is and why it matters

12.00-13.00 Networking lunch

13.00-14.00 Hot Topic presentation and discussion: “Current and Future Challenges for NHS Pathology Services” Dr Fiona Carragher, Deputy Chief Scientific Officer, NHS England Invited by the ACP Trainees’ Committee

14.00-15.00 Overview of continuous quality improvement methodology and A3 Thinking (An alternative ‘Measurement for Improvement’ masterclass will be available for more experienced participants; pre-registration required)

15.00-15.30 Refreshment break

15.30-16.30 Workshop: Skills for influencing

16.30-16.45 Close and next steps

Background: Clinical and technical skills provide only about 30% of what we need to have successful and fulfilling careers. The remaining 70%, particularly as our careers progress, comes from developing skills to understand ourselves, other people and the systems that surround us, and to exert influence for good purposes. Influencing for change also requires skills in robust improvement methodology; leadership and improvement are inextricably linked in our current situation of fast-paced change, uncertainty and ambiguity.

The day’s programme will be coordinated by Dr Bridget Wilkins and Dr Simon Knowles on behalf of the ACP, using our popular and interactive approach to experiential learning. Other engaging speakers and facilitators will join us on the day. There will be opportunities for discussion and networking.

A variety of e-documents and on-line resources will be provided to support the programme. Pre-work may be required for some of the sessions; all instructions and materials will be provided in advance for these.
Who should attend This one-day programme will be of interest to medical trainees and consultants, biomedical and clinical scientists from all pathology specialities. Accreditation for RCPath CPD has been applied for.

Registration Form 2018

Details

Date:
June 13
Event Category: